COVID-19 Student Commitment
I agree to:
To keep my personal and emergency contact information up to date in the Student Information Services by:
- Going to one.iu.edu
- Searching for the "Personal Information" application
- Updating my
- campus address
- cell phone number
- emergency contact
Update contact information in one.iu.edu
Campus & community requirements
While on campus or within the local community where campus is located, I will:
- Practice good personal hygiene (washing hands frequently with soap and water, or a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if soap is unavailable).
- Wear a face mask covering my nose and mouth on campus in all hallways, elevators, public spaces, classrooms and common areas, and when entering all IU buildings, as well as in all spaces where physical distancing is diﬃcult to maintain, including both private indoor spaces and outdoor spaces.
- Practice physical distancing at all times by staying 6 feet apart from others.
- Adhere to other guidelines and requirements when adopted by IU or public health authorities to address changed incidence rates or new scientiﬁc information about how best to protect me and others from getting sick.
Monitor your health
When I start classes, I will:
- Have a thermometer where I live and will take my temperature daily.
- Routinely monitor my health and take reasonable precautions to minimize my exposure to COVID-19 infection.
- Immediately notify IU Health via the screening portal, if any one of the following occur:
- I have been exposed and/or have reason to believe I have been exposed to COVID-19.
- I have a fever (temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or greater).
- I am exhibiting other symptoms consistent with COVID-19 infection (e.g., cough, sore throat, fever, chills, muscle pain, loss of sense of smell or taste, and/or shortness of breath).
- I have been advised by a healthcare professional not to attend class, to self-quarantine, or to self-isolate due to actual or possible COVID-19 infection or exposure.
I understand and agree to the following:
- If I am identiﬁed as a contact of anyone determined to be positive for COVID-19, I will immediately self-quarantine for fourteen (14) days after exposure and, if recommended, to be tested for COVID-19.
- If I develop symptoms of COVID-19, I will immediately self-isolate until I have been evaluated through the IU Health screening portal or by a healthcare provider and, if recommended by the portal or a health care provider, been tested for COVID-19. This includes not coming onto campus if I live oﬀ-campus, and remaining in a space designated by IU if I live on-campus.
- If I am determined to be positive or presumed positive for COVID-19 by a doctor outside of IU Health or the Indiana University Health Center, I will immediately notify IU by ﬁlling out this form; COVID-19 Reporting Form.
If I'm positive for COVID-19 (or presumed to be)
If I am determined to be positive or presumed positive for COVID-19, I will:
- Self-isolate either in a separate room within my oﬀ campus housing, at my home, or in a location designated by the residential services staﬀ if I live on campus until either:
a. I have been cleared by a physician to return to class and to my usual living arrangements.
b. My symptoms have improved; and it has been at least ten days, or the current minimum recommended by the CDC, since the start of my symptoms.
- Participate fully and honestly with IU and public health oﬃcials tasked with contact tracing to determine whom I might have potentially exposed to COVID-19, including the downloading and use of any app if one is required by IU.
Clinical experiences and COVID-19 risk
IU students and trainees (medical residents) who are enrolled in degree programs or coursework at IU that required the student to engage in experiential learning at a clinic, physician oﬃce, health care facility or other institution involved in delivery of healthcare (including social, behavioral and mental health) services may be at greater risk.
Examples include but are not limited to nursing, programs in the School of Health and Human Services, medicine, social work, dentistry, optometry, speech and hearing, athletic training, and allied healthcare services programs.
Acknowledge and commit
I have read, understand, and agree to meet all expectations described in this form.
In addition, I understand that these expectations are subject to change and will be updated as necessary by IU. Notice will be provided to students in order to provide suﬃcient opportunity to comply.
I acknowledge that I have read, understand, and agree to follow the expectations detailed in this document as a condition of my presence on campus, and further agree that I will make every eﬀort to keep myself informed of any changes to these expectations. I understand that these expectations constitute university directives, policies, and procedures. I understand that any violation may lead to student disciplinary proceedings and sanctions.
Thank you for reviewing the guidelines and committing to keep yourself and the IU community safe!